Welcome Myspace Comments

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

♥Love Poem♥

What is a love poem? Is it necessarily a poem about romantic love? About romance? Marriage and commitment? Or is a love poem something else entirely?

In a recent short story I wrote, a writer is told by a young critic that he doesn't understand love. "It's neither noble nor eternal, as you would have your audience believe," she says.

"Nobody understands love," the writer admits. "It seems to be Universal. Timeless. Yet, it's also very individual, filtered by our own lives and expectations. I don't understand love, and can't understand love, because it's a different thing for each of us."

These love poems are Universal. Timeless. And yet very much a different thing for each of us. We hope you enjoy them...

Some people think of Teen Love and smile. It's not real love, they say. Puppy Love, they call it. Those people, I think, have very short memories, and no longer recall the realities of their first love experiences. While few expect teen love to last a lifetime, that hardly makes it less real. Half or more of all adult love doesn't last a lifetime either.

Teen love is very real. And powerful. Perhaps at no other time in our lives are the joys and pains felt as strongly, or experienced more deeply. Who among us, after all, can ever forget our first love?

Read the poem below...


My Crush

I have these feelings, deep inside
feelings that I have to hide
I don't know if he feels that way too
And I don't know what to do
When we're together, I feel uptight
When he's around I feel so right
I dream about what we can do
And all the things we can pursue
I yearn just to feel his touch
And when he leaves, I miss him so much
I want to feel his lips against mine
And feel our bodies intertwine
So for now I'll love him from afar
One day I'll express how special you are
So until then I will retain this rush
And until then I'll contain my crush.

No comments:

bHQ9MTIzNDQyNTk1MjY2MCZwdD*xMjM*NDI1OTgzMzQ4JnA9MjA5NDExJmQ9Jm49ZnJpZW5kc3RlciZnPTEmdD*mbz*2ODBmMDc*MTY3YjE*MGY5YjFjNzUyZDFlOWQ3N2I2MQ==.gif
xslide1.gif xslide4.gif xslide42.gif